IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
ACHIEVE the development priorities in accordance with project deadlines and agreed timelines as the next Stratus Developer sought by a leading HealthTech company to join its team. You will also be responsible for Quality Management which will include reviewing, giving input and approving functional and design documents/specifications. The successful incumbent must have Matric/Grade 12 with a formal Programming or IT related qualification, have 5 years’ experience in the Software Development, experience with Cobol Development, POS systems on Stratus platform and be skilled in C/C++ (utilities and comms), HTML, DHTML, SQL, VOS, V Series & TAPS Programming.
IT Sub-Project Manager –
Perform the role of IT Sub-project Manager for allocated projects that affect the Stratus Front-end System Development, including but not limited to:
- Project delivery within the SDLC and PLC documented procedures.
- Task dependency and management within agreed timelines.
- Input into design issues (with Systems Analysts or Senior Developers).
- Problem solving.
- Quality Management e.g., reviewing, giving input into and approving functional and design documents/ specifications.
- Project meeting preparation and participation.
- Escalation and conflict management.
Continuous Improvement –
- Monitor trends (e.g., incidents, AQDev tickets) and identify and implement continuous improvement activities to address negative trends.
- In consultation fellow Stratus Developers, identify applications that require improvement to address performance issues.
- Compile and submit Requests for prioritisation.
Administration / Documentation –
- Ensure that all relevant procedures are documented and trained, including the “operationalisation” procedures where operators and SQA require training prior to implementation.
- Ensure that all relevant procedures are adhered to within the department e.g., HR timesheets, Attendance Registers, Performance Review Sheets etc.
- Review, give input and sign (where appropriate) all documents forwarded by external departments within an agreed timeframe.
Request and Incident Management –
- Respond to all incidents within 24 hours of receipt, providing impact assessment and estimate time for resolution.
- Where appropriate arrange brainstorming meetings etc.
- Ensure appropriate communication is with the requestor to avoid any unnecessary delays in delivery or inaccurate delivery to specifications.
Client Support –
- From time to time, attend and contribute to client meetings at which technical issues are being discussed to address the client’s business problem.
Inter / Intradepartmental Support –
- Review all version release/ development release requests and forms to ensure it is complete prior to handover to the implementation manager requesting the formal release.
- Ensure that the code is complete; all necessary checks are in place to ensure that the release is complete and that user impact has been identified and addressed etc.
- Ensure the delivery of a holistic solution that addresses the customer needs.
- Conduct and schedule the necessary brainstorming sessions proactively, rather than waiting for the user/ Project Office to drive the process.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma will be an advantage.
- Formal Programming or IT related qualification is also acceptable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Software Development.
- Cobol Development.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to analyse a problem or situation and find logical and feasible solutions is essential.
- Experience in Systems Analysis and Design, Programming, System Support and Training.
- POS systems on Stratus platform.
- C or C++ Programming experience (utilities and comms).
- HTML, DHTML.
- V Series.
- TAPS Programming.
- Experience in a batch or transactional environment is advantageous – plus and understanding of the interdependency of departments.
- Ability to understand and conceptualise complex issues.
- Planning and organizing.
- Work standards.
- Continuous improvement.
- Initiates action.
- Decision making.
- Manages work.
- Quality orientation.
- Meeting participation.