Strategic Relationship Manager
Cape Town – Western Cape
The expertise of a proactive and confident Strategic Relationship Manager (SRM) is sought by a cutting-edge Cloud Solutions Specialist to manage the sales activities of product and service solutions in existing and new strategic customer accounts. The SRM will facilitate and maintain successful relationships with customers, which will be measured by customer satisfaction levels, retention of business, increased revenue levels and account profitability. The ideal candidate must possess matric qualification, driver’s licence and reliable transport and at least 10 years sales experience in the ICT sector. Your passion for business development and building relationships with customers underpins your proven track record of winning new business sales. Executive level selling experience is a requirement which you easily fulfil with your exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of products and services and how they can enable better quality conversations for new and existing customers.
- Implement and execute effective sales and account management strategies to ensure customer retention and growth.
- Develop an extensive knowledge base of all accounts, including their business profile, key players, competitors, application and technology footprint, digital strategies, buying processes, compelling events, political environment and strategies.
- Be the voice of your customers within the company.
- Responsible for churn management – ensuring base is maintained.
- Develop Account Plans for each account and execute to achieve these.
- Position the company to win new product and service business within both target and existing accounts by developing, communicating and driving effective selling strategies that are based on customer-specific value propositions and defined business needs.
- Attend and participate in customer team meetings during the sales process and communicate regularly with team members to ensure customer satisfaction. This includes monthly, quarterly and annual review meetings.
- Engage with the escalation process ensuring timely and effective resolution of customer issues to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Establish and maintain excellent cross-functional relationships within the company to ensure strategic and complex opportunities can be driven to success.
- Identify and overcome risks within accounts.
- Provide sales management with accurate and timely sales forecasts to ensure proper visibility of new business within the company to optimise effective resource planning.
- Continuously gather knowledge of competitors and how to effectively position the company’s product and service solutions against them.
- Leverage and effectively communicate the company’s product and service solutions within accounts.
- Ensure that records and knowledge within the area of responsibility are up to date and maintained at all times.
- Timely, accurate and value adding reporting.
- Maintain sales process and procedure standards at all times.
- Maintain a proactive interest in the company and related industries so that you are a valuable advocate for the company and your customers.
- Actively knowledge-share with colleagues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Matric essential.
- Relevant tertiary qualification beneficial.
- At least 10 years sales experience in the ICT sector.
- Proven track record of winning new business sales essential.
- Executive level selling experience is a requirement.
- Driver’s licence and reliable transport essential.
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES:
- Fully computer literate (MS Office and/or Google Suite).
- Prior experience with CRMs essential.
- General business acumen (knowledge of tech industry, competitive markets, commercials and such).
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking.
- Negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, confident, enthusiastic and energetic.
- High sense of integrity and honesty.
- Results driven.
- Passion for business development.
Passion for customer relationship building.