SQL Developer/Reporting Analyst
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
IMPLEMENT and enhance reporting solutions for both internal & external clients of a fast-paced Independent Asset Management Firm seeking your strong SQL ability and experience with data warehousing to be its next SQL Developer/Reporting Analyst. The scope of the role encompasses business requirements gathering, specification generation as well as solution implementation and subsequent query resolution. You must have 3-5 years’ suitable work experience with proficiency in SQL Server, SSRS, Excel and preferably have experience with GitHub, Asset Management and the Retail sector.
- Write reports/extracts/queries from requirements specifications using technologies such as SQL.
- Ability to analyse and improve performance of stored procedures (SP).
- Understand data architecture, as it relates to data being required by reporting solutions and query resolution.
- Liaise with business areas to gather business requirements and translate these into specifications.
- Analyse and resolve problems in existing reports/extracts/queries and then implement corrective actions.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders on analysis findings.
- 3-5 Years relevant experience.
- SQL Server, Transact SQL experience essential.
- Microsoft Technologies (SQL Server, SSRS, Excel, etc.) essential
- Source Control System knowledge desirable, GitHub.
- Asset Management experience desirable.
- Some Retail knowledge will be an advantage.
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task within a BAU environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or within a team.
- Extremely organised.
- “Get it right first time” attitude.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A solid understanding of and appreciation for data quality.
- Possess the ability to communicate analysis and insights to key stakeholders.