SQL DBA Developer (CPT Only)
IT – Software Development ~ IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
A strong technical SQL DBA Developer who’s passionate about data is sought by a fast-paced & growing global Dev House in the sphere of online gaming to join its team. You will help look after a large geographically distributed Microsoft SQL environment that utilizes many of the latest SQL functionality, ensuring it remains optimally configured, responsive and highly available. You will verify the integrity of the data being stored and ensure data is in the right location to facilitate the effective operation of the applications built on top of it as well as push the boundaries of what is possible from tools like SQL Replication. The ideal candidate must possess a Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related tertiary qualification with at least 7 years’ SQL DBA experience with strong Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2017 / 2019 proficiency including installation and troubleshooting issues, T-SQL scripting experience, Database Security, Backup & Recovery, Log Shipping, Partitioning, Disaster Recovery and Performance Tuning on SQL queries/stored procedures. A hybrid model is in use and 3 days in office will be expected.
- Administer Microsoft SQL Server database environments.
- T-SQL Scripting and development on both new and existing functions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server, database and data issues.
- Security maintenance of server and database.
- Maintenance and monitoring of SQL environment.
- Provide debugging assistance to development staff with DBMS.
- Monitoring and completion of DBA related ServiceDesk calls.
- Backup setup and monitoring.
- Participate in rotating on-call support.
- Work in an Agile environment with stand-ups, sprints and planning meetings.
- Work in a small Development team taking on new features, spikes, bugs.
- Plan, design, implement, document, test and release new features.
- Perform code reviews.
- Liaise with the QA team to identify and fix bugs.
- Degree or National Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related qualification and/or experience.
- Minimum 7 years SQL Database Administration experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2017 / 2019 experience with database administration, including installation and troubleshooting issues.
- T-SQL scripting experience.
- Database Security.
- Have in depth SQL internal knowledge.
- Backup and Recovery experience.
- Replication experience.
- Performance Tuning on SQL queries / stored procedures.
- Log Shipping.
- Disaster Recovery solutions.
Highly desirable –
- Git, JIRA.
- JSON/XML, REST/RESTful APIs.
- Agile, Scrum, Design Patterns.
- Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Release Automation.
- Experience with Big Data and Event Driven technologies would be an advantage Hadoop, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Can work in cross functional teams.
- Attention to detail, passion, enthusiasm.
- Possess exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to work with little or no supervision.