Cape Town – Western Cape
THE Engineering expertise of a self-driven, critically thinking & pragmatic Solutions Consultant is sought by a dynamic Industrial Solutions firm. Your core role will be to match clients’ needs with its portfolio across AI-augmented Productivity Measurement, Process M&D, Occupational Health & Safety Solutions in terms of business and technical fit. This role also includes an attentive and proactive approach to existing customers to ensure sustained customer success, and to identify opportunities at existing accounts to further grow the business as a Trusted Advisor to the Account. The successful incumbent must possess a Chemical/Metallurgical or Industrial Engineering Degree with at least 3 years Consultative Selling and Solution experience in Industrial Software (e.g., Processing, Automation, Advanced Control) applied in Minerals Processing, have domain knowledge and experience in Minerals Processing, proficient in report writing and client presentations & able to able to connect and balance digital service delivery requirements and costs to ensure value for both the company and clients.
- Support new customer acquisition in the Mining industry.
- Present digital solutions and protocols to clients to secure new business and/or expand existing business agreements.
- Solutions Consulting (identify requirements associated with clients’ processing & control approach, information management system, philosophies, protocols, integration requirements, etc. and match requirements to solutions, planning activities for product/service deployment).
- Engage with Operational Management (e.g., Production Managers), Senior Management (e.g., General Managers) and on occasion the C-suite of Mining customers to understanding client pain points and representing the value proposition of the business.
- Responsible for supporting both the Sales and Engineering Services functions through establishing a business case and technical feasibility, scope, roadmap and architecture for the Solutions, for an offering that leads with service and harnesses technology.
- Creation of repeatable templates and workflows that can be used in future solution definition and sales process.
- Provide critical market feedback to the Product Management team.
- Facilitate and make use of Advanced Data Analytics, first principle Minerals Processing simulators, domain knowledge, and packaged solution checklists to determine technical feasibility and quantify the potential benefit of offerings. The Solution Consultant will guide opportunities through the internal process from –
- Sales to,
- Solution Consulting to,
- Implementation (hand-over to PMO function) and finally,
- Conformational post-Commissioning Benefit Studies to create Official References with the client in the form of technical write-ups and/or Technical Conference Papers
- Ensure, through good client-driven Account Management, that the client is made successful for the long-term by managing dynamics at both the customer and within internal on-going services teams.
- Proactively develop new opportunities at existing clients to add value to the client and to grow business as this client.
- Engineering Degree (Chemical, Metallurgical or Industrial).
- Minimum 3 years Consultative Selling and Solution experience in Industrial Software (e.g., Processing, Automation, Advanced Control) applied in Minerals Processing.
- Domain knowledge and experience in Minerals Processing.
- Proficiency in report writing and client presentations.
- Clear communicator, able to communicate from executive to operations level, with the ability to deliver the appropriate information and messaging of the digital opportunities, services, and requirements at the respective levels.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts quickly and effectively to a variety of different stakeholders (with different technical backgrounds) while collaborating cross-discipline and across companies.
- Sensitive to value and risk, must be able to connect and balance digital service delivery requirements and costs to ensure value for company and clients.
- Experience in applying Advanced Analytics, Modelling and Advanced Process Control in the Minerals Processing industry.
- Proficient in using appropriate software platforms for exploratory data analysis.
- Client-facing commercial interest, communication, relationship skills and exposure e.g., in the form of Account Management or Professional Services
- Background in Process Engineering and Mining.
- Proficient in English, written and verbal communication skills, both client-facing and internal.
- Self-motivated, analytical, structured, and meticulous.
- Proven ability to multi-task between several focus areas (i.e., clients) at a time.
- Critically minded (willing to receive and provide critical feedback).
- Pragmatism (ability to assess and execute required level of detail).