Solutions Architect: Data and Analytics
IT – Software Development ~ IT – Infrastructure
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
DEFINE the technology solution for the Data and Analytics (D&A) environment as the next Solutions Architect sought by a dynamic Financial Services provider. You will ensure the solution is designed to meet current and anticipated future technological requirements while also assisting and overseeing the creation of comprehensive technical specifications from business requirements by maintaining a high level of in-depth knowledge with regards to D&A and other relevant Back-End Systems and data sources. The successful incumbent will require Grade 12/Matric, a suitable 3-year tertiary qualification in Systems Engineering/Engineering or similar and/or Industry Certifications such as AWS Solution Architect – Associate, AWS Data and Analytics Speciality /DMBOK2 with 6 years proven experience within Management Information Systems/ Data Warehousing/Systems. You must also have detailed knowledge of: Dimensional Data Modelling, Data Governance, the DAMA framework Cloud experience in Data Analytics particularly modern Data Warehousing and data migration of legacy on-prem systems to the cloud & Redshift, ERStudio, Collibra, and Manta.
- Grade 12 / Matric.
- A relevant 3-year tertiary qualification – a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Information Technology – Systems Engineering or Engineering – Electrical/Electronics. AND/OR
- Industry Certifications such as AWS Solution Architect – Associate, AWS Data and Analytics Speciality /DMBOK2.
Experience Skills –
- At least 6 years of proven experience within Management Information Systems/ Data Warehousing/Systems Analysis/ Implementation and design including application and (where applicable) the creation and evaluation of new data patterns.
- Data migration experience/Cloud adoption Framework/on-prem Data Migration to the Cloud.
Detailed knowledge of:
- Data Governance.
- Enterprise Data Architecture Frameworks (AWS Well-Architected).
- Lakehouse Architectures and Dimensional Data Modelling.
- Dimensional Data Modelling.
- Data Development Lifecycle processes.
- Banking Regulation as it applies to Data.
- Detailed knowledge of the DAMA framework.
- Cloud experience in Data Analytics particularly modern Data Warehousing and data migration of legacy on-prem systems to the cloud.
- Redshift, ERStudio, Collibra, and Manta.
Ideal to have:
- A relevant Degree in Design or Information Management.
- Banking business and systems environments.
- Banking business capability models.
- Agile Development life cycle.
- Best practices for Data Architecture.
- TOGAF (an advantage).
- AWS Solution Architect – Associate.
- AWS Data and Analytics specialty.
- Deciding and initiating action.
- Applying expertise and technology.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Planning and organising.
- Formulating strategies and concepts.
- Learning and researching.
- Writing and reporting.
- Persuading & Influencing.
- Building trust.