Solution Engineer (Remote)
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Durban – KwaZulu Natal ~ Remote
This USA based Company uses a modern data automation and integration platform that enables enterprises to iterate faster by unlocking and optimizing data across multiple services and systems. They are seeking a Solution Engineer who will be responsible for identification, development, support, and refinement of productised solutions through the platform. The role will also require proactive outreach to clients based on solution monitoring. The role also requires a firm technical understanding of integration mechanisms and service-orientated architecture. Comfort with data is important.
- Conduct client discovery calls with sales representatives and system custodians.
- Meet with clients to discuss their solution requirements.
- Collaborate and strategize closely with the customer success and sales team to create productised solutions.
- Draft and delivery presentations on targeted solutions / products.
- Design, development, and maintenance of targeted solutions.
- Testing of solutions end to end (including performance optimisation)
- Assist with product training of client users on solutions.
- Deployment of solutions.
- Enhancement and refinement of existing solutions where necessary.
- Proactive outreach to existing clients on solution utilisation.
- Monitor performance metrics of solutions and proactively address.
- Support the customer success team on any technical related queries on solutions.
- Update and maintain a knowledge base (knowledge articles) for faster resolution times on known issues for solutions.
- Min 2 years’ experience in a solution engineering role.
- Min 2 years’ experience in support helpdesk ticketing system and adhering to defined SLAs.
- Min 2 years’ knowledge and experience in Service-Orientated Architecture (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML, ODATA, OAUTH, WADL, WSDL).
- Min 1 year competency in T-SQL. Understanding of reading and writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Min 2 years experiencing in Business Intelligence and BI tools (Power BI / Power Query advantageous)
- ERP and CRM experience – Good understanding of how various ERP’s and CRM systems work – Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, etc. will be beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work remotely.
- IT related tertiary qualification highly advantageous.
- Experience in project management highly advantageous.
- Experience in cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure will be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Self-manager and goal driven.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Customer empathy.
- Work effectively in a team.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Time management skills.