Solution Architect (Centurion)
IT – Software Development ~ IT – Infrastructure
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
ENSURE solution architecture designs provide seamless integration, scalability & security in accordance with the prescribed enterprise architecture as your expertise and tenacity as a Solution Architect is sought by a dynamic Financial Security Regulator in Centurion. You will design cutting-edge technology solutions by defining integrated solution architectures that are aligned with IT strategies and architectures to meet and support the organisation’s goals. The successful incumbent requires a suitable Postgraduate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent & a TOGAF Certification. You must have 10 years work experience have worked in development and integration of large-scale solutions, best practices and design patterns when designing distributed systems, systems integrations and microservices & designing solutions for (more than one architecture domain in a single project) large projects. You also need 3 years’ proficiency with Casewise, Visio, Sparx Enterprise Architect & solid Big Data, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Data Governance, NoSQL databases, Advanced Analytics, AI, Data Mining, ETL.
Solution Architecture –
- Define and design architecture solutions that encompass all architecture domains outlining solutions in line with business requirements, enterprise architecture principles, and ICT standards to ensure standardisation and risk management.
- Review and ensure solution architecture designs provide seamless integration, scalability, and security in accordance with the prescribed enterprise architecture.
- Update and maintain the architecture repository with all architecture artifacts as part of architecture implementation governance.
Project planning and implementation –
- Contribute to the development and/or evaluation of Terms of Reference documents to assist business and ICT teams during RFI and RFP process.
- Take accountability for the end-to-end delivery of solution/applications/systems and ensure alignment to the approved architecture.
Stakeholder Management –
- Work closely with ICT and business stakeholders to understand their needs and ensure that the solution meets the agreed upon requirements.
Budget and Resource Management –
- Work within budget constraints and manage resources efficiently.
Communication and Collaboration –
- Have good communication and collaboration skills to effectively work with the various teams and stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with the latest technology trends and bring innovative ideas on how the best solutions can be brought into the organisation.
Business Alignment –
- Align designed solution with the overall business strategy and ensure it delivers business value.
- Relevant Postgraduate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- TOGAF Certification is a requirement.
Minimum ten (10) years’ experience –
- Working in development and integration of large-scale solutions involving multiple technologies, functions, and interfaces across in-house and vendor supplied system.
- Experience with best practices and design patterns when designing distributed systems, systems integrations and microservices.
- Designing solutions for (more than one architecture domain in a single project) large projects.
Minimum three (3) years’ experience –
- Utilising Enterprise Architecture tools like Casewise, Visio, Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- In-depth understanding of multiple technology domains and expertise in at least one, including experience with software development, databases, networks, and infrastructure.
- Expert understanding of cloud architectures and components with a focus on Azure. This should include general knowledge and experience in cloud infrastructure, scalability, monitoring and security applicable to solution architecture designs.
- Ability to guide Project teams and ensure solutions are developed and deployed in accordance with approved solution architecture.
- Solid knowledge in creating architecture for all domains in one or more of the following areas: Database architecture, Big Data, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Data Governance, NoSQL databases, Advanced Analytics, AI, Data Mining, ETL for cloud and/or on-premises environments.
- Solid knowledge in system requirements and system architecture to meet business needs, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, virtualisation and networking protocols for cloud and/or on-premises environments.
- Knowledge of other frameworks (e.g., Zachman).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to recognise functional interdependencies, to assimilate and correlate disconnected procedures and process, and articulate their collective relevance to the organisation.
- Initiative: Acts 4-12 months ahead and demonstrates the ability to anticipate and proactively manage all the variables involved, to ensure that critical opportunities are not missed.
- Achievement orientation: Improves performance and makes specific changes within the work system or in own work methods to improve performance.