Software Tester & Support Engineer (Germany)
IT – Support ~ IT – Software Testing
Berlin – Germany
ENSURE the proper functioning of all new features which will include not only checking for faults but also for logical consistency and intelligibility of products as the next dual role of a Software Tester & Support Engineer sought by a German software company specializing in tailored data solutions. You will also maintain, develop and enhance automatic tests while resolving tickets while evaluating new tools which may be beneficial to your work performance. As Testers independently structure their work, they are looking for applicants with a high level of self-motivation. Some experience with Microsoft Office, particularly with PowerPoint and Excel, is a plus. This position also requires that you are fluent in both written and spoken English.
Software Tester –
- Maintain, develop and enhance automatic tests.
- Test new hardware.
- Every time an error occurs within the software, regardless of whether you, a customer or a colleague find it, they will require a detailed and reliable reproduction of the error to fully understand, and subsequently resolve, the problem. You will be responsible for delivering the details that make it possible to reproduce the problem with ease on another computer. Your clarity of communication is crucial in allowing the problem to be fixed, so strong written communication skills is a must.
- Write error reports in the internal system that document the error, and everything related to it. After the error has been resolved by the Developers, it is up to you to check if the problem has really disappeared. You will also be responsible for deepening the internal Knowledge Base to capture the ever-evolving functionality of the product.
- As our testers independently structure their work, we are looking for applicants with a high level of self-motivation. Some experience with Microsoft Office, particularly with PowerPoint and Excel, is a plus. We will be happy to teach you the rest. This position requires that you are fluent in both written and spoken English. Our testing department is still growing. This allows you to influence and build up your own working environment.
Support Engineer –
- When you receive a ticket, the customer should get timely and reliable feedback, usually within a few hours, either with the solution or a suggestion for further troubleshooting. When a phone call or a remote support session is needed, you will quickly realize that the customers are busy people, and that you must use your time well. Ask the right questions, be perceptive of the little things, and use the right tools to find the unusual configuration, the virus, the third-party tool, the particular file or action that is causing trouble.
- Once you have found the problem and talked it through with one of the Developers, they will make sure that this same problem does not bother you again.
- Besides working on tickets, you will evaluate new tools that may help you in your work, or even write them yourself or work with one of the Developers.
- Education for those who relocate to Berlin:
- EU citizens– no restrictions.
- Others, who don`t have an EU passport – required to have a technical university degree (starting from bachelor) or 3 years of proven IT experience (both are needed for visa purposes only).
- Mandatory: Fluent English, German will be a big plus, but not critical to have.
- Experience with the Windows architecture is a plus.
- Core competencies:
- Analytical thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills for support only.