Software Engineer (Python)
IT – Software Development
Somerset West – Western Cape
PLAN, design & developer cutting-edge sensors as your coding talents as a Software Engineer is sought by one of SAs leading Industrial Solutions firms developing software solutions for the Mining, Healthcare & Maritime sectors. You will join a team developing Smart Sensors for the Mining industry using vision sensors (cameras, lasers and more) to monitor systems like rock-crushers and heavy-duty conveyor-belts. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering, have 3-5 years’ Software Development with proficiency in Python, Git, Linux and Test Automation.
- Implement new features and improvements in the application.
- Write automated software tests.
- Fix bugs found in the application.
- Execute proper code version control and code reviewing co-workers’ work.
- Help design and plan implementation of new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
- Keep software documentation up to date.
- Research and learn about technologies/libraries as required.
- Keep software dependencies up to date and upgrade systems/libraries where necessary.
- Communicate and meet with existing and new clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechatronics or Electronic Engineering.
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Software Development.
- Proficient programming in Python.
- Test Automation and knowledge testing methodologies.
- Experience with databases.
- With Version Control, specifically Git.
- Knowledge of software development processes (Agile/Kanban).
- Experience with Cloud hosting platforms (AWS/Azure).