IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Collaborate with the Development team to design, develop, and deploy high-quality web applications.
- Develop robust and scalable back-end systems using languages like Node.js and C++.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, following best practices and coding standards.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of applications to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and deliver solutions that meet business needs.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in Web Development.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1+ years developing code. (Applicants with excellent work experience and an ability to skill up and learn independently will also be considered.
- Demonstratable experience with Backend Development using Node.js.
- Experience writing server-side code (preference can be client-side but should have exposure to both).
- Backend technologies: Express, Molecular, MS SQL, MongoDB.
- Frontend technologies: React/Redux.
- Basic knowledge of the following:
- REST/RESTful APIs, Design Patterns, Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, etc.
- Be able to read and understand C++.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Able to acquire new skills and programming languages.
- Possess problem-solving skills and the ability to learn as you go along.