Software Engineer (Automotive Controls/Electric Vehicles)
Engineering/Technical ~ IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
THE exceptional coding skills of a Software Engineer who is able to thrive under pressure, is sought by a provider of cutting-edge Engineering Solutions in Durbanville for automotive controls. You should possess a BEng. Degree in Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering, have 1-6+ years relevant experience, J1939 CAN communication experience and associated test tools/equipment, MATLAB/Simulink proficiency, have SA citizen and be willing to travel abroad for variable periods.
- MATLAB/Simulink software development for automotive controllers.
- Under guidance of the Lead Software Engineer, be responsible for the documentation, verification and testing of control software.
- Software algorithm development and control systems optimization.
- Contribute to the development of system plant models and simulations using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Contribute to the development of software tools required for vehicle production and field support.
- Support testing of software at module level and on prototype vehicles.
- B Eng. Degree in Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering (M Eng preferred).
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
- South African Citizenship.
- 1-6+ Years of experience.
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink environment.
- Knowledge of J1939 CAN communication and associated test tools/equipment.
- Computer Literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Excellent in task management.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and handle priority changes.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Team player.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English).
- Strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile.