Software Development Manager
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
SERVE as a key driver for ongoing automation of business processes which result from online investment transactions in an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Software Development Manager sought by a growing Independent Asset Management Firm. You will be responsible for the delivery of various transacting and reporting capabilities to advisors, investors, and other key investment roles. You will be expected to provide technical support to teams as and when required, ensuring they follow best practice in terms of SDLC process and coding practices as well as solution designs while driving end-to-end automation efforts to ensure processes are constantly maturing. The ideal candidate must preferably possess a BSc. Degree in a Mathematical, Computing or Engineering field, have 5 years actively working with Micro-service architectures in a full-stack capacity, including Azure technologies, programming languages such as C#, and databases languages such as T-SQL and proficiency with .Net Core, C#, ASP.NET Core, Angular, React, Vue and experience working in the Azure Cloud stack, including services like App Services, Function Apps, Redis, Service Fabric, API Manager, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, Synapse, Event Grid, Data Factory.
- Become intimately familiar with the business domains associated with the Investment Platform product.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with Product Owners, business & technical stakeholders, and Engineering partners.
- Work closely with Engineering partners to ensure solutions designed and implemented:
- Are secure, stable, reliable, scalable, monitored, and audited, and follow key architectural and security principles.
- Are well-considered and well-tested, carefully balancing reusability with maintainability & agility, and ensuring cross-system impacts are well-understood and mitigated.
- Follow best practices in terms of both coding practices and design.
- Meet the functional needs of Product Owners and end-users.
- Drive end-to-end automation efforts to ensure SDLC processes are optimal and constantly maturing.
- Provide clear and regular feedback to management with respect to progress, challenges, and opportunities with respect to solution delivery, within the teams and with the processes in place.
- Provide standby and escalation support for any functional, performance, or outage issues related to the website and associated services.
- Assist in ensuring the website achieves 99.99% availability and that daily performance meets user expectations.
- Liaise with Engineering Leads in other IT areas to further the sharing of knowledge and skills between teams, particularly via the technology forums
- Ensure alignment with IT architecture principles, wherever possible.
- BSc Degree Level, or similar, in Mathematical, Computing or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years actively working with Micro-service architectures in a full-stack capacity, including Azure technologies, programming languages such as C#, and databases languages such as T-SQL.
- Experience working with Micro-service APIs, particularly in containerised implementations advantageous (e.g., Service Fabric).
- Strong experience with .Net Core preferable, including C#, ASP.NET Core etc.
- Strong experience with UI frameworks, e.g., Angular, React, Vue.
- Experience working in the Azure Cloud stack, including services like App Services, Function Apps, Redis, Service Fabric, API Manager, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, Synapse, Event Grid, Data Factory.
- Implementing automated Test-Driven Development approach and continuous testing.
- Previous Asset Management experience, especially relating to investment systems and processes.
- Experience working with a variety of database technology such as SQL, NoSQL, file storage.d
- Experience with source control and automation tools, particularly the Azure DevOps suite.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, with ability to motivate other team members, share knowledge and coach other team members, as well as learn from them.
- Strong collaboration ethic.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Able to multitask; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving ability, a logical thinker and numerate.
- Self-starter and proactive.