IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Managers, Designers, and Quality Assurance, to define project requirements, scope, and deliverables.
- Take ownership of the team and projects, setting priorities, assigning tasks, and ensuring timely delivery of high-quality software solutions.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, encouraging teamwork, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards, best practices, and maintainable code.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and technologies and provide technical guidance to the team.
- Identify and resolve technical challenges, roadblocks, and issues that arise during development.
- Confidently collaborate with stakeholders to understand their needs, provide regular updates, and address any concerns or requirements.
- Contribute to the recruitment and onboarding process of new team members.
- Lead your team’s ownership of deliverables; accountable and unsupervised.
- Responsibility for problem-solving and risk management of the overall software product.
- A solid understanding and experience of web technologies and protocols.
- Ability to guide, mentor and inspire your team, increasing their desire for success.
- Extensive experience with NodeJS.
- Use of Agile development practices and expertise in relational database development (with a focus on MySQL).
- Your hands-on approach demonstrates your in-depth understanding of health interoperability standards and patterns.
- Solid DevOps experience as it’s often required across projects.
- Other tools: Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Travis and lots and lots of EC2 and DigitalOcean VMs.
- Experience in the Public Health sector domain.
- Previous work with Electronic Health Record systems.