Software Developer (PHP)
IT – Software Development
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
- Assist the current Development team with the increasing number of projects that range from low level driver software to abstract Web Services.
- Help evolve complex enterprise management systems while being responsible for and utilizing the latest industry standard container management systems to help scale and automate the full lifecycle of software on a resilient infrastructure.
- Become a champion of infrastructure and utilise emerging industry standards to scale software.
- Assist with the upgrade of existing in-house software packages that assist with managing and reporting across all areas of the business.
- Help design and build tools that can assist with the monitoring, testing and maintenance of the latest software and its underlying infrastructure.
- Assist with the maintenance and upgrade of mature software platforms that power all solutions.
- Help design new and capable systems that can replace some of the legacy software.
- Assist with typical software development where available development capacity is not sufficient.
- Assist with the automation of evolving Unit Tests + Regression Tests + Frontend Tests (Selenium) that the QA assists with.
- Assist with the development/utilization of systems that can keep workflows and shipping of new products on track, ensuring that they pass quality and unit tests.
- Must have at least 5-10 years of Programming experience on a web stack.
- Proficient in web-based application development.
- Fluent in programming design patterns and OOP.
- Be fluent in web applications and services such as Slack, Google Web Apps, Mediawiki and Discord.
- Enjoys learning unfamiliar languages.
- Comfortable working in a team with Project Delivery Leads.
- Be competent writing technical documentation.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Have a good understanding of PHP and PHP based frameworks and also have the ability to adapt to working on existing, custom frameworks.
- Extensive & in-depth knowledge on software scaling & deployment using Docker.
- Have a good understanding of Front end frameworks like React, Node.js, Bootstrap, etc.
- A good understanding of Database Architecture like MySQL, Cloud SQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience building web applications using micro-services working with RESTful API’s.
- Skill with developing mobile applications such as iOS and Android.
- Experience in app management and submission.
- Have your own transport.
- Available to come into the office for the best part of the workday and work week.
- Proficient in *nix based systems.
- Knowledge of the Enterprise Software domain.
- Accredited tertiary education.
- Skill with Embedded Development.
- Experience in the Banking Tech Space.
- Mobile application frameworks are a bonus Ionic, Cordova.