Software Developer (Automotive Controls and Data Analytics)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
A provider of cutting-edge Engineering Solutions in Durbanville seeks a proactive and meticulous Software Developer for automotive controls and data analytics. You should possess a BTech or BEng. Degree in Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering, have 3-6+ years relevant experience, J1939 CAN communication experience, knowledge of ISO 26262 software development processes, MATLAB/Simulink proficiency, have SA citizen and be willing to travel abroad for variable periods.
- MATLAB/Simulink software development for embedded controllers used in the automotive environment.
- Under guidance of the Lead Software Engineer, be responsible for the documentation, verification and testing of embedded software.
- Software algorithm development and control systems optimization.
- Take ownership for the development and support of data analysis tools written in MATLAB.
- Manage automated processing and analysis of daily recorded field data.
- Development and support of CAN-bus logger units on test vehicles.
- Development of system plant models and simulations using MATLAB/Simulink.
- B Eng. Degree in Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering (M Eng preferred).
- Willing to travel overseas for variable periods.
- South African Citizenship.
- 3-6+ Years of experience.
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink environment. Experience with Simulink embedded coder will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of J1939 CAN communication and associated test tools/equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 26262 software development processes will be beneficial.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent in task management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication (English).