Software Developer (ASP.Net MVC 5, ASP.Net Core & C#) (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
Key Outcomes –
- Build high quality and well documented software applications using the Microsoft ASP.Net Platform (MVC 5).
- Follow and recommend improvements to the software development lifecycle.
- Follow and recommend improvements to the overall DevOps process.
- Define, design, develop, integrate, test, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance software applications.
- Produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code with an eye towards performance optimization. [80%] –
- Support, maintain and upgrade software systems built on the Microsoft ASP.Net MVC 5 technology stack.
- Integrate designs, flows and processes.
- Industrialize solutions with DevOps.
- Write secure code and exercise good judgment in handling sensitive data.
- Produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant applications with an eye towards performance optimization.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices.
- Improve quality through application of TDD practices.
- Write technical software requirements and documentation as needed. [10%]
- Comfortable troubleshooting critical production issues. [5%]
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies; keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects. [5%] –
- Pay attention to software development process practiced by the team and help improve it, so we deliver products on time with quality following an agile approach.
- Evaluate developer code quality and provide input for performance evaluations.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by learning, applying and educating team on software best practices.
- Help the Software Architect define the future technology stack build on top of Microsoft ASP.Net Core and one of the front-end technologies like Blazor, Angular, React and/or Vue.
- Strong preference would be given to individuals that are experienced in ASP.Net, especially ASP.Net MVC 5.
- Microsoft ASP.Net MVC 5 experience essential.
- Solid understanding of Object Orientated Programming using C# in the .NET framework.
- Experience/understanding of the following is also required: Dependency Injection, Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) e.g., Entity Framework, Object Mappers (e.g., AutoMapper), Web API, using OData & REST.
- Strong front-end development skills using frameworks like Bootstrap & Blazor, Angular, React and/or Vue.
- Experience in Test Driven Development using both front-end and back-end unit testing frameworks.
- Experience using cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS) beneficial.
- Experience in relational database management systems like Microsoft SQL Server/PostgreSQL, including data modeling and creating relational databases using SQL.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle including continuous integration & delivery using DevOps tools like Git & Azure DevOps.
- Experience in working in Agile teams.
- Open mindedness and adapting to a variety of opinions and chances in technology.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with an international team with international customers in different time zones.
- Detailed, accurate, responsive, and inquisitive personality.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new concepts quickly.