Software Developer (ASP.NET/Core) (Hybrid)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
MAKE a critical contribution using your coding talents as a Software Developer to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications used to manage the business processes of a Specialist IT Service Provider. This will include research, design, documentation, and modification of software specifications throughout the software production life cycle. The ideal candidate must possess an Honours or Post-Grad Degree in a suitable field. A strong preference would be giving to individuals that are experienced in ASP.NET (either ASP.NET framework and/or ASP.NET Core). The company follows a hybrid work model with 2 days in office and 3 days working from home. Preference to Cape Town candidates, but the client will also look at people outside of Cape Town.
Key Outcomes –
- Build high quality and well documented software applications using the Microsoft ASP.Net Platform (MVC 5).
- Follow and recommend improvements to the Software Development lifecycle.
- Follow and recommend improvements to the overall DevOps process.
- Define, design, develop, integrate, test, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance software applications.
- Produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code with an eye towards performance optimization.
- Integrate designs, flows and processes.
- Industrialize solutions with DevOps.
- Write secure code and exercise good judgment in handling sensitive data.
- Produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant applications with an eye towards performance optimization.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices.
- Improve quality through application of TDD practices.
- Write technical software requirements and documentation as needed.
- Comfortable troubleshooting critical production issues.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies; keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects.
- Pay attention to Software Development process practiced by the team and help improve it, so we deliver products on time with quality following an agile approach.
- Evaluate Developer code quality and provide input for performance evaluations.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by learning, applying and educating team on software best practices.
- Help define the future technology stack build on top of Microsoft ASP.NET Core and one of the front-end technologies like Blazor, Angular, React and/or Vue.
- Willingness to support, maintain and upgrade a legacy Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 5 technology stack.
- A Degree, Honours or Post Graduate Degree in a related field.
- Strong preference would be giving to individuals that are experienced in ASP.NET (either ASP.NET framework and/or ASP.NET Core).
- Open mindedness and adapts to a variety of opinions and chances in technology.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with an international team with international customers in different time zones.
- Detailed, accurate, responsive, and inquisitive personality.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new concepts quickly.