Software Architect (ASP.Net & C#) (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
Key Outcomes –
- The initial primary objective of this role would be heavily focused on defining and implement the future custom development technology stack which would include ASP.Net Core and any other front-end technology like Blazor, Angular, React and/or Vue. This would also include looking at technologies like SSO (using Auth0), testing & UI frameworks.
- Build high quality & well documented software applications using the Microsoft ASP.Net Core platform.
- Follow and recommend improvements to the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Follow and recommend improvements to the overall DevOps process.
- Work with other IT professionals in the company in order to determine needs for new software, platforms and applications.
- Utilize tools, technology and various methodologies to create functional and intuitive solutions for user interfaces of desired products.
- Define and document application architecture and design.
- Develop and implement software application specifications.
- Pay attention to system integration, sustainability and feasibility.
- Manage all phases of technology development.
- Oversee and supervise the work of the development team.
- Guide and train Developers.
- Suggest and implement solutions for process improvement.
- Adhere to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, extensibility etc.
- Define the future custom development technology stack build on top of Microsoft ASP.Net Core and one of the front-end technologies like Blazor, Angular, React and/or Vue.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Architecture, or related field.
- Strong preference would be given to individuals that are experienced in ASP.NET (either ASP.NET framework and/or ASP.NET Core).
- 3+ Years’ experience as a Software Architect or similar role.
- Solid understanding of object orientated programming using C# in the .NET framework.
- Experience/understanding of the following is also required: Dependency Injection, Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) e.g., Entity Framework, Object mappers (e.g., AutoMapper), Web API, using OData & REST.
- Strong front-end development skills using frameworks like Bootstrap & Blazor, Angular, React and/or Vue.
- Test Driven Development using both front-end and back-end unit testing frameworks.
- Experience in relational database management systems like Microsoft SQL Server/PostgreSQL, including data modeling and creating relational databases using SQL.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle including continuous integration & delivery using DevOps tools like Git & Azure DevOps.
- Experience in working in Agile teams.
- Experience using cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Good leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Open mindedness and adapting to a variety of opinions and chances in technology.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with an international team with international customers in different time zones.
- Detailed, accurate, responsive, and inquisitive personality.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Big picture problem-solving skills.