Social Media Intern (6 month Internship)
Cape Town – Western Cape
Our client, located just outside Franschhoek, is looking for a self-motivated Social Media Intern to join their team, on a 6-month Internship. They are looking for someone with a qualification in marketing (media or relevant field), an eye for aesthetics and detail, and who eats, sleeps, and breathes all things social media. The successful candidate will work closely with the social media manager and support social media publishing, administrative tasks, and community management.
- Support the creation of content (captions, images, stories, and short videos) for social channels including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Respond to comments and queries and engage with the company’s community across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and TripAdvisor in a professional and timely manner.
- Escalate queries to customer service or relevant department as needed.
- Assist with day-to-day administrative duties.
- Stay up to date with social media trends and assist the team with monthly reporting.
- Qualification in marketing, media, or relevant field.
- An understanding of different social media channels, especially Instagram, Facebook and/or TikTok, and their features.
- Previous experience in managing social media accounts.
- Willingness to respond to followers’ comments and questions after hours.
- Familiarity with social publishing tools, and photography/videography editing tools would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Afrikaans.
- Individual who takes initiative, with a drive to go the extra mile and deliver on tasks to the best of their ability.