Snr Support Engineer (Hardware)
IT – Support ~ IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
BE responsible for SAN, Server & Storage installation, maintenance & upgrades as the next Snr Support Engineer sought by a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist. You will provide both onsite and remote access diagnoses and resolution of server, SAN and other hardware issues/fault, install and upgrade HPE servers while completing proactive reporting on infrastructure. You will require Matric/Grade 12, preferably a Degree/National Diploma in IT with at least 5 years HPE server & SAN hardware support, experience configuring and maintaining HPE ML/DL servers, HPE BladeSystems & Synergy, HPE SAN & Storage products – 3PAR, MSA, StoreOnce, StoreVirtual and have strong troubleshooting and networking skills.
- Provide onsite or remote access diagnoses and resolution of server, SAN and other hardware issues/faults.
- Provisioning of storage and servers according to guidelines with attention to detail and documentation.
- Installation and upgrading of HPE server and SAN hardware and firmware with attention to detail and documentation.
- Maintain and document all work performed as well as strict usage of the call logging systems to ensure open communication with the whole team.
- Willingness to be available and work after hours when necessary to minimize business downtime and resolve issues within maintenance window periods.
- Follow process, policies and procedures as laid out.
- Complete proactive reporting on infrastructure.
- Matric or Grade 12.
- Post Matric IT Qualification Beneficial (National Diploma or Degree in IT).
- Minimum 5 years HPE server & SAN hardware support experience.
- Experience configuring & maintaining HPE ML/DL servers, HPE BladeSystems & Synergy.
- Experience configuring & maintaining HPE SAN & Storage products – 3PAR, MSA, StoreOnce, StoreVirtual.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Have a basic understanding of operating systems and networking.
- Be able to analyse and identify performance related issues.
- Good understanding of server environment.
- Valid Driver’s Licence and Own reliable vehicle.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Can identify and understand problems and find suitable solutions.
- Conscious of delivering solutions on time.
- Ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions with the technical team.