Cape Town – Western Cape
AN exciting opportunity to launch your automotive software career under the guidance of highly experienced Engineers in the industry is on offer by our client, a provider of cutting-edge Engineering Solutions, seeking its next Simulation Engineer with a B Eng Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and Mechanical Design Engineering experience (5 Years +), to form part of an Engineering team, with the ability to fit into the DNA of the company culture that is dynamic and embraces change. Apart from a contained and well-rounded person with a high EQ level, you will be required to deal with complexity in a fast-paced environment. The person needs to be a self-starter with attention to detail and bring a positive energy to the work environment, with a willingness to excel in their role.
- Utilize Computer Aided Engineering software tools.
- Verify new designs / products, problem solve failure mechanisms on existing components / products.
- Conduct analysis on a multitude of products for multiple clients.
- Interpret results and make actionable analyses and design recommendations.
- Create Structural Finite Element Models.
- Interpret required physics and apply to the simulation.
- Execute linear, non-linear, modal, buckling and fatigue type analyses.
- Perform FE model correlation and validation.
- Assess results for comparison against customer requirements and design standards.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines and teams.
- Compile feedback presentations and technical reports.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Provide proactive feedback about designs, based on outcomes of analysis.
- Summarize and conclude investigation.
- B Eng Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Mechanical design engineering experience (5 Years +).
- 3D CAD experience.
- Experience with Mechanical Structural Simulation (3 Years +).
- Experience with Linear Static, Modal, Fatigue, Buckling and Dynamic analyses domains.
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Programming and scripting (e.g., Python, Octave, MATLAB).
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent in task management & Mathematics.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good written and verbal communication (English).