Services Consultant – (Hybrid) – (Somerset West)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
Founded in 2020, our client is dedicated to offering comprehensive IT, analytic, and software support services to the fresh produce industry. The Services Consultant role is designed to serve as a customer champion, providing a holistic range of services to clients. This includes addressing day-to-day support queries, offering strategic workflow advisory, overseeing system champion responsibilities such as development staging and implementation work, as well as facilitating reporting and BI requirements for the clients. Preferred qualifications for this role include a one-year IT qualification and/or a business qualification, while an additional advantage would be a background in the fruit industry.
- Provide technical guidance to clients on system/workflow best practices.
- Assist staff with troubleshooting client-specific logs.
- Handle and escalate customer requests, complaints and feedback and provide appropriate solutions.
- Follow up with clients to ensure the resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate records of customer interactions.
- Follow communication procedures. guidelines and policies outlined by the company.
- Accurately translate client requirements into usable specifications for the development team, by mapping out applicable business processes to be absorbed into the systems.
- Ensure that support logs are accurate and thoroughly documented.
- Instil a sense of confidence in clients that a high level of service will always be delivered.
- Support the team leader to ensure that all log inquiries/requests are followed up and that the company produces a high-quality of service delivery.
- Take responsibility for the timely communication, to the team lead, of any risks and issues as they develop.
- Strong technology inclination.
- Intensive troubleshooting knowledge.
- One-year IT qualification and/or business qualification.
- A background in the fruit industry is a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload.
- Ability to work accurately and be detailed orientated.
- Must thrive in a team environment and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent task and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Be able to go the extra mile to assist clients.