Service Desk Manager
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
THE strong leadership of an ambitious Service Desk Manager with excellent communication skills is sought by a dynamic provider of innovative Software & Systems Solutions. Your core role will entail supporting the respective teams, being a single point for escalation and owning the Standard Operating Procedure model. You will also develop, implement, and review core responsibilities and tasks while analysing performance statistics & coaching, motivating and retaining staff. The ideal candidate will have Matric/Grade 12 with 3-5 years’ proven managerial experience within an IT Service Desk environment with a solid understanding of Industrial Relations and experience with ITIL Foundation v3/v4 and MS Office applications.
- Implement and manage change.
- Develop, implement, and review core responsibilities and tasks.
- Improve performance by raising efficiency and improving available tools to enable this.
- Analyse performance statistics and make decisions on the basis of these statistics.
- Liaise with Supervisors, Team-Leaders, Agents and third parties to gather information and resolve issues.
- Validate and correct system-records.
- Record statistics and performance levels and prepare reports.
- Coach, motivate and retain staff and coordinate reward and incentive schemes.
- Plan and develop staff recruitment and liaise with HR.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- 3-5 Years proven management experience in an IT Service Desk environment.
- Basic understanding of Industrial Relations.
- ITIL Foundation v3/v4.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to work well with people and express empathy.
- Applying conflict-management skills.
- Prioritizing the work of others.
- Effective People Management.
- Leadership Skills.
- Effective Communication (written and verbal).
- Analytical ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective Planning.
- Time Management Skills.