Service Desk Manager
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Our client is a renowned global IT managed service provider, specializing in catering to the needs of the financial services industry. Their primary focus is delivering top-notch IT solutions by leveraging cutting-edge public cloud technologies. They are looking for a Service Desk Manager who will play a crucial role within their team. Your responsibilities include overseeing the workflow, workload, and quality of their technical service team. Your ultimate objective is to deliver a customer service experience that surpasses expectations and earns us a 7-star rating.
- Ensuring 100% accuracy in the service desk platform, including tickets, tasks, to-dos, and other elements.
- Ensuring inbound channels for customer queries are active, operational, and manned adequately at all required hours.
- Ensuring all customer communication is fast, accurate, and informative.
- Critical incident management
- Customer service escalation management
- Process management to ensure defined processes are adhered to.
- Team scheduling and dispatch management
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Aid customer retention and satisfaction
- Help to improve efficiency, processes, documentation, and automation.
- ITIL 4, ideally to Professional certification level.
- 5+ years’ experience in a service desk or helpdesk management role, minimum 20 people team, preferably 24×7 service environment.
- Customer focused, with an analytical approach with good questioning & listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills suitable for an international audience.
- A confident team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Fanatical attention to detail.
- An ability to learn quickly, and a willingness to study and obtain new certifications and skills.
- Dependable, hardworking, and self-motivated.