Service Delivery Manager
IT – Support
Stellenbosch – Western Cape
PROVIDE an exceptional client experience by ensuring system stability as the next Service Delivery Manager sought by an innovative Financial Services Provider based in Stellenbosch. You will coordinate, facilitate, validate and resolve all IT incidents / problems / changes related to Production and Disaster Recovery environments while ensuring the necessary controls and procedures are defined and executed throughout the Application Life Cycle. You will require an IT Technical Support, Computer Science or other suitable tertiary qualification, be ITIL Foundation Certified, have 3-5 years of relevant experience within a similar IT Service Delivery environment and role, proven experience in escalation processes, incident management, change management, problem management and problem solving and a solid understanding of IT Production, Operations, Banking, Call Centre and Infrastructure and Technical environments.
Incident or Problem Management –
- Take the lead on resolving critical incidents or problems within allocated areas.
- Adhere to all policies and standards during the resolution of an incident or problem.
- Manage escalations and communications to Senior Management and stakeholders.
- Validate business impact /incident closure with the relevant Product Head.
- Facilitate and ensure consistent attendance of Production feedback meetings by all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support and input to the Team Leader: Service Delivery on incident / problem resolution processes, methodologies and tools.
Change Management –
- Act as a guardian of production systems / environments through ensuring adherence to IT policies and standards.
- Support, review, challenge and approve change controls (including emergency changes) ensuring appropriate levels of governance is applied.
- Drive and implement end-to-end change initiatives in production systems / environments.
- Ensure consistent attendance of Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings.
- Support with the implementation of the planned change calendar though regular feedback on deliverables and attendance of team stand-up meetings.
Continuous Improvement –
- Analyse metrics of production environment. Identify and propose improvements / enhancements to Product Heads.
- Facilitate white boarding sessions with various stakeholders on continual service improvement.
- Implement and drive delivery of remedial actions / improvements / enhancements and ensure benefits realisation.
- Responsible for Service Level Management:
- Perform all required administration with regards to the change management process (in line with agreed Service Level Agreements).
- Manage monthly service review meetings with internal and 3rd parties.
- Drive any actions and escalations required to maintain acceptable service levels.
- Project and Technical Delivery team support:
- Support aligned tasks and projects from inception to delivery (new products – testing (pilot) to implementation).
- Facilitate promotions of tasks and projects into the production environment.
Risk Management –
- Coordinate the exchange of accurate information during audits.
- Resolve audit points raised during the audit process and implement mitigating controls.
- Ensure the governance process is understood and adhered to by allocated IT areas.
- Report all technical risks to the IT Risk Team.
- Ensure all compliance training is completed as needed by production team members.
- Investigate, resolve and escalate (where necessary) material incidents reported by Information Security and Risk.
- Provide stakeholders and senior management with production stability reporting on a weekly basis.
- Provide input to weekly, monthly, annual MOS measurement reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to stakeholders of changes and incidents when requested.
Knowledge Management –
- Contribute to the IT Production Incident and Problem knowledge base through capturing incident resolution and recovery procedures – for quick reference by team members.
- List high priority jobs on the IT Operations schedule and their impact.
- List important production services and their functions.
- List recurring issues and actions to be taken.
Stakeholder Management –
- Maintain and grow effective and cooperative working relationships with product owner, process owners, and functional and technical team members.
- Educate stakeholders so that they understand their responsibilities regarding the IT Service Delivery framework.
- Review and provide input to third party / vendor contracting to ensure alignment with standards.
- A tertiary qualification in Information Technology – Technical Support or Computer Science or other relevant field.
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience within a similar IT Service Delivery environment and role.
- Proven experience in escalation processes, incident management, change management, problem management and problem solving.
- Previous experience as an Application or Infrastructure Support Specialist or as a Developer.
- Stakeholder Management experience.
- A thorough understanding of IT Production, Operations, Banking, Call Centre and Infrastructure and Technical environments.
- ITIL implementation principles.
- Trend analysis in service management.
Ideal to have –
- 5 Years of relevant experience within a similar IT Service Delivery environment and role.
- Executive report writing.
- Compliance and governance.
- Client centric.
- Attention to detail.
- Results oriented.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight timelines.
- Conflict Management.