Service Delivery Manager
IT – Support
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
An energetic Managed IT Services Provider based in Durban is actively seeking a Service Delivery Manager. This role involves overseeing day-to-day tasks related to customer service, ensuring customer satisfaction through the effective management of service delivery using IT Service Management practices, policies, and procedures. Key responsibilities include devising successful strategies for maintaining high-quality service delivery, cultivating customer relationships, and overseeing service levels and contracts. Additionally, the Service Delivery Manager will play a crucial role in mentoring and developing the service delivery team. The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in the IT industry, with a track record of at least 5 years in a leadership or management position managing people. Professional IT certifications, such as Microsoft MCP, MSCA, or MSCE, are required, while A+ and N+ certifications are preferred but not mandatory.
- Manage the daily activities of the Service Desk team.
- Function as the customer’s last point-of-contact for problem identification and resolution for issues that have been escalated by Service coordination.
- Function as the internal point of contact for any service queries.
- Drive problem investigation and resolution where required.
- Oversee the dispatch process of service requests to ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Oversee all functions of the Service Coordination Team.
- Where possible improve usage of support resources and increase productivity of the team. Escalating to the Head of Operations where fundamental process or structure changes are suggested.
- Including aid in the design and maintenance of the process and procedure documentation.
- Communication with clients as and when required.
- Maintain a clear understanding of all overall support objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
- Maintain a clear understanding of all the internal and interdepartmental processes in place and raise any issues of inefficiencies noticed.
- Provide the necessary leadership to ensure quality and continuity of client services.
- Aid in the development and ongoing maintenance as well as queries around reporting requirements for the Service Desk team.
- Perform regular quality control checks on tickets, calls, and all client-facing engagements from the Service Desk.
- Reduce support-related failures and incidents by driving continuous improvement across all support departments.
- Excellent knowledge of Service Delivery Management, Customer Satisfaction, and IT Service Management
- Strong customer service skills and experience managing customer relationships
- Experience managing service levels and contracts
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and motivate staff to deliver and maintain high standards of service delivery
- Experience in the IT industry is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ Years of experience in the IT Industry.
- 5+ Years of experience managing people in a leadership or management role.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MSCA or MSCE. A+, N+ preferred, but not required.
- Experience preferably spread over a variety of IT Support roles.
- A position relevant Diploma or Degree.
- Relevant Management or Leadership Experience.
- Thorough knowledge of MSP RMM Platforms (N-ABLE/Kaseya).
- Relevant Industry Specific Certificates.
- Experience working closely with senior executives.
- Ability to translate vision into strategy and guide execution.
- Experience working at an IT MSP.
- Success cultivating and managing growth within customers: capturing new business opportunities.
- Strong virtualization with VMware/vCenter and Hyper-V.
- Experience with Server OS and associated technologies’ project management, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting (Windows 2019, 2016, 2012/R2, 2008, 2003, MS Exchange, Office365, AD, security).
- Experience running management meetings and presenting to EXCO.
- Telephony skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listening and customer care.