Senior WordPress Developer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Work closely with team members to build new websites and website features, primarily in WordPress.
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing such as pair programming.
- Attend regular sprint activities such as standups, grooming and retrospectives.
- Work closely with the Product, Graphic Design, SEO and Business teams to incubate ideas and then execute to make those ideas a reality.
- Code website front-end user interfaces in a combination of HTML, CSS and JS; as well as website content management back-ends and user-facing application logic.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to help automate website and application testing and repetitive development tasks.
- Collaborate with other Development team members and other departments to drive innovation and help define internal standards; participate too in self-directed learning, tech groups and workshops to learn new technologies and expand knowledge.
- 5+ Years professional Software or Website Development experience.
- Experience building websites in WordPress using custom theme and custom plugin development.
- Experience using WordPress methodologies including, but not limited to custom post types, custom taxonomies, WP Query, short codes, Advanced Custom Fields, etc.
- Experience with configuring WordPress to support multiple languages/locales.
- Experience coding in PHP (object-oriented programming, dependency management, templating engines).
- Proficiency with UNIX-based systems and using CLIs.
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs.
- Experience with database language and structure, such as MySQL.
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as Git.
Strong consideration will be provided to candidates that also offer the following:
- Experience with –
- Multiple CMS frameworks.
- Symfony, Laravel or other PHP-based web frameworks.
- Containerization, e.g., Docker.
- Headless CMS development and deployment.
- Pre-processors such as SASS or task runners such as Gulp or Webpack.
- Common server administration tasks.
- Website optimization and accessibility.
- Interest in task and testing automation.