Senior Technical Consultant (Cloud AWS)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Remote
My client, an innovative company specializing in technological upgrades within the educational sector seeks a tenacious, customer-centric and solutions-driven Senior Technical Consultant (Cloud AWS) to assist their clients through professional services such as hosting, integration, training, and support. You should be well skilled technology and product experts who help our clients to be successful with the technology and products the company sells.
- Planning and delivering high quality technical professional services to customers
- Assisting clients with technology and product queries
- Accurate and timely processing of support cases using the company and/or partner support systems
- Adhering to or exceeding SLAs for products and/or clients they support
- Actively maintaining and improving own technology and product expertise
Process and resources
- Actively maintaining and improving the company’s internal processes and resources
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar technical application support or technical consulting role.
- 3-5 years of experience implementing and supporting web and mobile applications.
- 3-5 years of experience with cloud technologies such; preference given to AWS.
- Experience leading client facing meetings and technical engagements.
- Experience working within an ITSM / ITIL governed environment.
- Experience with teaching and learning technologies; preference given to Moodle LMS.
- Experience with web and application servers: IIS, Apache & Tomcat
- Experience with operating systems: Windows Server & Linux.
- Experience with databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Applicable tertiary qualification in IT
- Technical certifications for cloud technologies; AWS certified preferred.
- Communication Skills: excellent communication skills are required for this role. Senior Technical Consultants must be able to express complex concepts clearly and succinctly, both in writing and verbally. They must also be able to listen effectively to fully understand client queries.
- Presentation Skills: excellent presentation skills are required for this role. Senior Technical Consultants must be comfortable working face to face with clients to present training and deliver professional services to clien
- Product Knowledge: up to date and comprehensive knowledge of relevant products is required for this role. Senior Technical Consultants must ensure that they develop their product knowledge to keep abreast of new features and capabilities.
- Problem Solving: Senior Technical Consultants must be tenacious and should have a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Technical Skills / Knowledge: Senior Technical Consultants must have knowledge and skills of the constituent and supporting technologies used the products they work with. These skills should include relevant technical qualifications and certifications where applicable.