Senior Support Engineer (WAN) (CPT/JHB)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
JOIN a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist urgently seeking a highly skilled Senior Support Engineer (WAN) whose core role will be performing day to day operational support customer networks, assisting in low level designs while operationally maintaining Cisco SD-WAN and MPLS networks. The successful incumbent will require Grade 12/Matric, be Certified in Cisco CCNP, Cisco SD-WAN (VPTella & Meraki) with at least 5 years’ work experience as an ISP Network Engineer or in Network administration and maintenance. You will need proficiency in BGP, OSPF Champion, TCP/IP, IP Addressing (v4 and v6), CIDR, DNS, QoS, PBR, VPN, MPLS, SD-WAN, Cisco MPLS and have a solid understanding of Service Provider and Enterprise Architecture. You must also be well spoken with a strong command of English and be able to deal with customers in a professional manner.
- Maintain customer MPLS and Cisco SD-WAN networks.
- Find and present operational, technological and cost efficiencies on customer and internal networks.
- Undertake data network fault investigations and implement resolutions in local and wide area environments.
- Ensure proper configuration and deployment of ISP or customer networking equipment while adhering to and customer standards and practices.
- Liaise with Project Management team, Network Engineers and Service Desk Agents on a regular basis.
- Operationally handle escalated support requests.
- Grade 12 / Matric.
- Cisco CCNP essential.
- Cisco SD-WAN (VIPTella & Meraki) essential.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an ISP Network Engineer or in Network administration and maintenance.
- Thorough understanding of switching, routing and their related technologies: BGP, OSPF Champion. TCP/IP, IP Addressing (v4 and v6), CIDR and DNS.
- Excellent understanding of Service Provider and Enterprise Architecture.
- Experience implementing QoS, PBR, VPN, MPLS, SD-WAN.
- Cisco MPLS and SD-WAN experience.
- Must be well spoken, have a good command of the English language and must be able to deal with customers in a professional manner.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.