Senior SQL/Python Developer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Assist Business Analysts to translate strategic decisions into business solutions.
- Assist with analysis and design of new systems and databases.
- Assist with architecture of systems and IT (development) landscape.
- Role includes coding, implementations, testing and system enhancements.
- Provide higher technical and programming support.
- Co-ordinate time and priorities to ensure that goals are met.
- Advise management on best practices and design of new enhancements.
- Coach junior staff members.
- Manage the output of junior staff.
Software Development –
- Assist with analysis and design of new systems, requirements and databases.
- Develop technical specifications / program specifications and some systems documentation.
- Develop modules for in-house system.
- Responsible for basic Systems Analyst functions.
- May assist with analysing system design requirements.
- Advise management on effective applications, covering areas such as maintenance, support, man-machine interface, and data management requirements.
- Provide sizing and scoping for development work required.
- Develop, test, and implement new systems and system changes in accordance with agreed coding standards and principles.
- Provide development solutions, which maintain the technical integrity of the solution.
- Perform data conversion.
- Document system features and functionality. The above is done under limited supervision.
System Testing –
- Assist solution construction including Programming, Systems Testing and correction of programme models.
- Interpret and execute test plans or assist in developing test plans in conjunction with Systems Analyst, Senior Analyst Programmer or Business Analyst.
- Responsible for Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and Software Performance Testing.
Quality Management –
- Ensure technical integrity of the solution.
- Ensure that all system changes align with coding standards and principles.
- Mentor Business Analysts, Data Analysts and Analyst Programmers through the whole development life cycle.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- A relevant Programming / IT Diploma / Degree.
- 3-4 Years or more solid experience in Programming.
- 3-4 Years or more, experience in Database Design using MS SQL or Python.
- Experienced in Agile and Iterative methodologies.
- Expertise on GIT operations or similar software.
- Practical experience in high volume Capacity Planning & Performance Tuning.
- Good System Modelling skills.
- Standby if needed.
- Knowledge of Mendix or low code technologies.
- Have a good working relationship with users, Business Analysts and other technical staff.
- Works with little supervision.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to deliver as per agreed time standards and work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal Mastery.
- Customer first.
- Leading with influence.
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts and the team deliverables with limited supervision.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks, and output quality.
- Make increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborate effectively with others to achieve personal and team results.
- Accept and live the company values.