Senior Software Engineers (Python / Java)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
A young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join their Software Development Engineer team. They offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great. As a Software Development Engineer, you will help to architect, implement, support and maintain scalable services in a heterogeneous environment. You will be able to influence both business and architectural decisions, while working on end-to-end technology solutions.
- Build systems to scale with our growth of business, leveraging new technologies and AWS Cloud services.
- Work closely with developers, professional services team and product managers to design the software solutions with a focus on reliability, performance and usability.
- Develop, enhance and maintain backend systems in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, with an emphasis on Python.
- Apply and foster best software development life cycle practices bringing speed and quality to your team.
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- Passion for learning new skills and appreciation to invent and simplify.
- Experience with REST, Python, Java and Linux.
- Experience in developing backend systems in a Micro Service architecture.
- Exposure to Web technologies such as AngularJS.
Nice to have:
- Experience with specific AWS Cloud technologies (EC2, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, CloudWatch).
- Experience using GIT version control.
- Experience with NoSQL, Couchbase, Dynamo, Elastic.