Senior Software Developer (LAMP Stack)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
Software Development –
- Design, develop, and deliver high quality software to internal and external customers.
- Work to create software that is accessible, intuitive and in harmony with client requirements and context.
- Accurate and timely processing of development issues using and/or partner systems.
Technical Leadership –
- Assist with mentoring and growing other Development team members.
- Actively maintain and improve own software development and technology expertise.
Process and Resources –
- Actively maintain and improve Software Development processes, methodologies, and resources.
- Actively promote the use of industry best practice approaches in Software Development projects.
- Applicable tertiary qualification in IT.
- Technical Certifications for Software Development languages utilised.
- Technical Certifications for cloud technologies; AWS Certified preferred.
A cross section of the following experience and technical skills is required:
3-5 Years experience –
- In a similar Software Development role.
- As a Full Stack Developer.
1-3 Years experience –
- As a senior member of Software Development teams or projects.
- With cloud technologies such; preference given to AWS.
LAMP Full Stack Developer Requirements:
Experience in LAMP web application development including:
- PHP and PHP MVC Frameworks such as Symphony and Laravel.
- RDBMS technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Version Control tools such as GIT, Subversion or CVS.
- Other Development tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Grunt, Bower, and Composer.
- Experience with container deployment using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, and Fargate.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with teaching and learning technologies desirable; preference given to Moodle LMS.
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills are required for this role. Senior Software Developers must
be able to express complex concepts clearly and succinctly, both in writing and verbally. They must also be able to listen effectively to fully understand client needs and expectations.Presentation Skills: Excellent presentation skills are required for this role. Senior Software Developers must be comfortable working face to face with internal and external clients to discuss and deliver software development activities.
Software Development Approaches: Senior Software Developers must have strong practical experience with and apply modern software development methodologies, frameworks, and best practices.
Systematic Thinking: Senior Software Developers must have a systematic and thorough approach to software design, software development and problem solving.