Senior Researcher/Sourcer (JHB Remote)
Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Remote
DO you have a talent for sourcing the cream of the crop in Digital talent including Designers, Devs, PMs? Then our client, a dynamic EdTech company in Joburg, wants you as its next Senior Researcher/Sourcer to join its fast-growing talent acquisition team. Supporting the Sales Manager, you will help conduct research and source new candidates for new clients while engaging with the Sales Manager and the Talent Acquisition Specialist team (TAS), playing key in supporting the TAS’s in finding top talent for placement at new clients. The successful incumbent must possess a Bachelor of Arts or other suitable tertiary qualification with 5 years’ experience in a similar role – preferably having sourced Digital talent, able to cold call identified candidates, have experience leveraging various social media platforms to find talent, including LinkedIn, GitHub and Stackover & have a working understanding of Boolean search methods.
- Support the Sales Manager to research roles and source candidates for new client requirements using LinkedIn and other platforms, including social media platforms.
- Create job postings and advertising them through JobAdder (applicant tracking system).
- Review applicant CVs and shortlist as per client requirements/brief.
- Do an initial screen (10–15-minute discussion) of potentially suitable candidates to determine if they should be interviewed by the relevant Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Handover shortlist of suitable candidates for TAS team to interview (minimum of 5 candidates per role).
- Be the liaison between the Sales Manager and the Talent Acquisition Specialists to promote a healthy communication stream between the two divisions.
- Be a reliable source of new Digital talent.
- Meet with the client alongside the Sales Manager to document the client brief and note the important points of the brief.
- Assist the Sales Manager with updating the relevant reporting tooling (when required).
- A tertiary qualification (Bachelor of Arts or similar).
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a research/sourcing role, preferably sourcing Digital talent or candidates in the digital transformation industry (Designers, Developers, Project Managers etc.).
- A working understanding of Boolean search methods.
- Experience leveraging various social media platforms to find talent, including LinkedIn, GitHub and Stackover.
- Excellent written and verbal skills – must be fluent in English.
- Very willing to cold call identified candidates.
- A persuasive person who can motivate/sell the opportunity.
- Computer literate and who understands the Digital arena.
- A positive, can-do, “no job is too small” attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Works quickly and is organised.
- Has high energy and motivated to get the job done timeously.
- Able to multitask.