Senior QA Engineer/Lead
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape
A methodical, self-driven & hands-on Senior QA Engineer/Lead is sought by a provider of Tailored Management Software Solutions to take ownership of the quality of the product which has UI/API Test Automation built as part of the SDLC. The role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities that vary based on the needs of the business, and the development stage of the product. These responsibilities include working closely with Product Management, UX, the Engineering and Support teams. The successful incumbent must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or related discipline or equivalent work experience, be ISTQB/ISEB Certified or have another recognized Testing qualification/accreditation/training with 7 years’ Testing experience within a SaaS Dev team and be able to communicate complex, technical concepts to all levels.
- The Software Development teams use CI/CD methodology which enables the business to be nimble and accurate in the development of products for cloud implementations.
- Partner with the Engineering team to leverage automation for scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure reliability of products.
- Define and drive QA processes and test strategies applying industry best practices to ensure quality goals are met.
- Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements/reports to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the product.
- Be hands-on and perform QA tasks.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases –
- Identifying testable requirements.
- Setup test data.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Log, communicate, prioritise, and update defects using defect tracking tool. Ensure issues are escalated timeously and appropriately resolved.
- Define root cause and preventative actions for production defects.
- Proactively drive continuous improvements.
- Work on building a quality driven Engineering culture across the organisation helping ship products rapidly and with confidence.
- As the team grows, you will –
- Lead a team of Software QA and Automation Test Engineers.
- Review and mentor team members in creating manual and automation test cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- ISTQB/ISEB Certified or recognised Testing qualification / accreditation and / or training in testing disciplines.
- Minimum 7 years’ Testing experience within a SaaS Development team.
- Test documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to all levels.
- Understanding of enterprise business processes and IT systems.
- High attention to detail (accuracy imperative).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about Testing.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Entrepreneurial – Can-do approach coupled with a strong desire to make a difference.
- Quick study, self-learner – Gains proficiency in new industries, markets, and technologies quickly.
- Interpersonal – Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers.
- Change Management – Initiates, manages, or participates in the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers and accelerate its pace.
- Energy/Drive – Exhibits strong desire to achieve.
- Personal/ Professional Effectiveness – Demonstrates ability to be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Planning and Organising – Optimizes use of time and resources to achieve desired results.
- Accountability – holds self and others accountable for results.