Senior Program Manager (Remote/Hybrid)
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Durban – KwaZulu Natal ~ Remote
BE responsible for efficient management of Digital Health programs, leading teams through the formulation and execution of program plans, strategies and functions as the next Senior Program Manager sought by a provider of cutting-edge HealthTech solutions to the Public Health. You will guide activities, implement agreed approaches, policies and plans; plan and be accountable for program deliverables (risk assessment, resource allocations, budgets); communicating work planned and done to key stakeholders; managing and developing program strategies, budgets, technology, analyses and organisational processes to compete and succeed in a complex and changing environment. The successful incumbent will require a suitable tertiary level training and advanced knowledge in Digital Health/Medicine/Public Health/ Computer Science or similar field with 6 years’ experience in Program/Project Management, including project development, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, narrative and financial reporting. You must also be able to write proposals & high-quality narrative reports and have solid knowledge of international funding agencies such as CDC, USAID, PEPFAR, EU, WHO, UNICEF etc.
- Define TORs for projects.
- Manage program level risks.
- Account Management.
- Relationship Management with clients, funders and external consultants.
- Handle daily staff assignments and line managing Project/Program staff.
- Plan and administer budgets.
- Control income and revenue across programs.
- Evaluation and report writing.
- Manage sensitive communication strategies across geographically dispersed locations in South Africa.
- Directing, defining and coordinating program resources and issues are key functions in the Senior Program Manager role.
- Establishing objectives, developing requirements, planning schedules and estimating costs are considered paramount tasks.
- Relevant tertiary level training and advanced knowledge in Digital Health, Medicine, Public Health, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years Program/Project Management experience, including project development, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, narrative and financial reporting.
- Knowledge and/or experience of strategy development, program implementation, operational management and resourcing.
- Knowledge of rules and procedures, as well as experience in budgeting and development of grant and project proposals, for international funding agencies such as CDC, USAID, PEPFAR, EU, WHO, UNICEF etc.
- Experience of writing grant proposals.
- Experience of working with remote team in a multicultural environment.
- Leadership skills including the ability to innovate and strategize in the domain of health information systems.
- Team Management skills, including performance management and career development of a team of technical and programmatic professionals.
- Ability to represent the organisation at a relevant level with donors, government, international organisations and partners.
- Able to write high-quality narrative reports.
- Excellent English language proficiency.
- Computer literacy in common business productivity software, including Microsoft Office.
- Valid Driver’s licence.
- South African citizen or work permit holder.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a relevant management, academic or international position, working with highly skilled professionals and/or Managers in health information systems, with cross-cultural experience.
- Master’s D in Health Sciences, Public Health, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar.
- Ability to conduct implementation research.
- Knowledge and experience of health systems strengthening and health information systems development in low resource settings as well as the priorities and programs of international donors.
- Proficiency in other Southern African languages is desirable but not required.