Senior PHP Developer (Laravel)
IT – Software Development
Stellenbosch – Western Cape
Reporting to the DevOps Manager –
- Maintain high standards of software quality.
- Collaborate with other Software Developers, Business Analysts and Software Architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web– and Android-based business applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Design, develop, and Unit Test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer–reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Work with teammates in the upgrade and rewrite of legacy software.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high–quality development principles while delivering solutions on–time and on–budget.
- Develop Cloud native solutions.
- Provide third–level support to business users.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products to promote efficiency and quality of products.
- College or University Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- A proven track record as a Senior Software Developer with at least 7+ years’ experience.
- Linux sysadmin knowledge preferably Ubuntu.
- Designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Experience with one of the major Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure GCP), preferably AWS.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience with automated testing
- Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Comprehensive understanding of Object–Oriented and Service–Oriented application development techniques and theories.
- An intelligent, strong, tech savvy, outcomes focussed professional.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges in this fast–paced growing company.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.