Senior Payments Program Manager (SAP)
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Service Provider in the Oil and Gas sector seeks your payments, loyalty and digital experience obtained in a commercial/banking environment to fill a 24-month Contract role as its next Senior Payments Program Manager (SAP). You will assume overall accountability for the delivery of the Program driving Payments’ initiatives within an aggressive timeframe to the in-scope countries. You will help improve/develop and deploy payment solutions in 3 languages and 21 different currencies. The ideal candidate will require close collaborative skills with the ability to build an integrated team with multiple vendors, working groups within the in-scope countries and the various sponsors. You must have 10+ years’ experience delivering complex projects across multiple geographic locations and have worked with various cultures, card or fleet payment systems experience – preferably in the Retail Petroleum industry, Payment System integration into ERP systems and Interface Development and extensive Payment and Loyalty delivery experience.
- Lead the strategy, deliver the program.
- Implement the delivery plan – be “hands-on”.
- Define and build the required team.
- Work with vendors and internal staff to develop solutions.
- Take control of all Change Management activities, impacting both the internal business teams, the IT Support teams and customers and retailers.
- Manage project reporting ensuring progress, finances and RAID issues are accurately reflected into Steering Committee meetings.
- Work across 23 countries with varying levels of market maturity.
- Ensure the quality of projects are not negatively impacted due to timeline and budget dependencies.
- Escalate and resolve issues where parties are not meeting their obligations, thereby placing deliverables at risk.
- Understand the customer needs for Payments.
- 10+ Years’ experience in delivering complex projects across multiple geographies and cultures. Ideally, the Program Manager will be skilled in the delivery of complex technology solutions ensuring all the stage gates of projects are met and delivered to a high quality.
- Understand and experience of card or fleet payment systems, preferably in the Retail Petroleum industry or in a bank.
- Understanding and experience of Payment System integration into ERP systems and Interface Development. SAP ERP Integration knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing large projects involving complex technology platforms migration with high business impacts.
- Program Leadership and Governance.
- Extensive Payment and Loyalty delivery experience.
- Ability to manage at the C Suite as well as at end consumer level.
- Project Management skills.
- Complex Program Management experience in large commercial organisations.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Commercial Acumen.
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision whilst exhibiting strong time management skills and delivering with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, customers and 3rd parties.
- Can manage and extract maximum value from disparate teams.
- Able to identify, assess and articulate risks to senior management with mitigation strategies.
- Proven ability working in a complex and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent decision-making skills.