Senior MERN Developer (JHB Hybrid)
IT – Software Development
Johannesburg – Gauteng
- The Senior MERN Developer will also produce detailed specifications. The code will be written in a timely and scalable way whilst providing robust optimisation.
- Write clean, secure, maintainable, testable, and modular codes.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Write “clean”, well-designed code.
- Design and maintain databases.
- Review other Developer’s code.
- Work with Senior Developer on the entire web application development life cycle.
- Work with the QA team to ensure that a project makes it over the finish line on time.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Document code revision changes, work progress, database changes and operational requirements in the source code management system (source control software).
- When brainstorming new ideas, you will need to be present and understand the problem at hand and offer solutions that are both innovative and realistic.
- Work in a team environment using agile methodology, with a focus on predictability for corporate clients.
- Work closely with the Platform team to identify and solve issues where needed.
- Responsible to own and drive own performance targets and doesn’t have to be micromanaged.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or any other related professional and recognised IT qualification (Experience in the field will be recognised and considered as a substitute to a qualification).
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related MERN Developer experience (fulltime).
- Must have experience with Mongo databases.
- Good command of ES6 – block-scoped variables, arrow functions, template literals, etc.
- Knowledgeable in using development tools, testing frameworks and techniques (JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, TDD).
- Must be able to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high quality work on schedule.
- Web UI knowledge and best practice skills, with experience in React, possibly other front-end frameworks (e.g., Bootstrap/jQuery).
- Experience in Nest.js, Amazon AWS, Docker and microservices.
- Experience working with high load and high traffic production systems.
- SQL, and NoSQL experience.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies.
- Be an authentic, empathetic, and enthusiastic member of the team.
- Passionate about MERN Development.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written English.
- language communication skills
- Analytical skills.
- Problem-solving skills.