Senior Java & C# Developer (JHB)
IT – Software Development
Johannesburg – Gauteng
- Develop scalable, reliable and high-performance applications using Java and C#.
- Assist in architecting new solutions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend software libraries and integration and testing tools.
- Mentor Junior Developers.
- Collaborate with Analysts and the business to understand the requirement.
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements or enhancements.
- Communicate effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and manage expectations effectively.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- A qualification specializing in Software Development – Minimum.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline is required, or equivalent work experience and technical training – Preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years technical work experience in a team environment as a Software Developer.
- Experience developing software with either Java or C# – Minimum.
- Experience with Java, J2EE application servers, Spring Boot, Apache Tomcat, Hibernate, SOAP/REST Web Services, XML, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, IIS – Preferred.
- Experience working with a relational database (MS SQL Server, Oracle).
- Software Development best practices and SDLC.
- Experience with Python, Docker and Cloud Computing platforms.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Communication and planning skills.
- Assertiveness and persistence are required to be effective in the front office environment.
- Strong awareness and interest in the financial markets.