Senior Java Backend Developer (Centurion)
IT – Software Development
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
YOUR ability to write elegant & robust code as a Senior Java Backend Developer is sought by a cutting-edge HealthTech Specialist based in Centurion. You will be expected to develop/contribute to the written design documents, test plans and test results, identify critical issues with ease while inspiring co-workers to attain project goals and pursue excellence. The successful candidate will have 6 years’ work experience with relational databases (RDBMS), preferably PostgreSQL 10 and later and Java 8 or higher proficiency. You must also have 4 years’ work experience with Java EE 7/8 or later & designing and implementing solutions within the J2EE framework. You must also possess a general understanding in the areas of Application and Object-Oriented Programming, Database & System Design.
Technical Effort Management –
- Adhere to coding standards.
- Consistently deliver high-quality code.
- Develop/Contribute to the written design documents, test plans and test results.
- Manage and implementation of changes required for project implementation.
- Ensure that the relevant documentation is maintained according to company standards.
Problem Solving –
- Identify critical issues with ease.
- Exhibit confidence and knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices.
- Understand how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects.
- Improve upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current industry practices into fresh alternative solutions.
- Ensure regular feedback to Team Leader and/or Project Managers on Development activities.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Assume additional responsibility without being asked.
- Inspire co-workers to attain project goals and pursue excellence.
- Opportunity exists to become the Team Leader and/or Technical Lead.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Acknowledge and appreciate each team member’s contributions.
- Respect input from other team members.
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members.
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Mentor those with less experience through informal channels.
- Seek and participate in Development opportunities above and beyond training required by the company.
- Possess general understanding in the areas of Application and Object-Oriented Programming, Database and System Design.
- Understand relevant development and support methodologies, processes and standards.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience –
- Working with relational databases (RDBMS), preferably PostgreSQL 10 and later.
- Java 8 or higher proficiency will be required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience –
- Java EE 7/8 or later experience.
- Designing and implementing solutions within the J2EE framework.
- Oracle Java Certification.
- Experience working with WildFly Application server Version 10 and later.