Senior IT Business Process Analyst (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
PROVIDE critical leadership in the development of a Business Analysis approach in project execution or investigation as your expertise is sought to fill the role of a Senior IT Business Process Analyst for a reputable Retail Group. In this position you will be expected to understand technology landscape that supports the Group’s Online Business and Online Fulfilment, and lead translation of business requirements into effective IT solutions. The successful incumbent must possess a relevant 3-year Information Technology or business-related qualification, have 8 years Business/Process Analysis experience, preferably across multiple disciplines/domains & 5 years in Team Management. You will need working knowledge of relevant methodology and tools e.g., Process Modelling tools, Project Management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc); experience in implementation of large-scale web and app (eCommerce) projects in the Retail sector with a proven track record in presenting business cases/feasibility studies/Impact assessments to executive or leadership teams.
Provide leadership in the development of a Business Analysis approach in project execution or investigation –
- Understand project context to determine applicable BPA approach.
- Guide the development of or develop BPA approach.
- Partner with relevant IT stakeholder to ensure delivery of specific outcomes i.e business cases, Impact Assessments, Feasibility studies etc.
Lead the definition and review of business processes –
- Understand current business processes and define future business processes.
- Ensure documentation of future business process/es.
Facilitate Business Requirements workshops or sessions –
- Plan and execute business requirements elicitation sessions/workshops.
- Lead/Participate in solution design workshops.
- Provide input to System Requirement Specification and other Technical oriented documents.
Contribute to the development of the relevant Project Management artefacts i.e., Project Initiation Document (PID), PDR etc. –
- Assist Project Managers/IT Business Managers.
Assist testing practice in the crafting of the integration and overall testing strategy –
- Develop/Review an Acceptance Test criterion.
- Ensure development of test scenarios and review Test Cases.
- Coordinate and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Manage and lead team of Business Process Analyst within a project and or outside of a project –
- Ensure team is effectively equipped to deliver Career Management.
Review continuous BPA ways of working to extract maximum value from the practice –
- Assist Management in the review of operating model.
- Ensure team adheres to BPA standards.
- Relevant 3-year Information Technology or business-related qualification.
- Minimum of 8 years Business/Process Analysis experience, preferably across multiple disciplines/domains.
- Minimum of 5 years in Team Management.
- Working knowledge of relevant methodology and tools e.g., Process Modelling tools, Project Management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc).
- Experience in implementation of large-scale web and app (eCommerce) projects in the Retail sector.
- Proven track record in presenting business cases/feasibility studies/Impact assessments to executive or leadership teams.
- Proven track record in leading team in project mode or general line management experience.
- Expert knowledge in delivering typical Business Analysis Artefacts.
- Faculty Training Institute Business Analysis qualification.
- Knowledge of eCommerce platforms and processes.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of business operations and organisational metrics and trends.
- Develops retail acumen of team through knowledge sharing and upskilling.
- Benchmarks the competition and other relevant comparison groups.
- Leverages research on technology-related concepts, trends and best practices to provide guidance on IT roadmap.
- Finds ways to condense large amounts of information into a useful form.
- Maintains a keen awareness of the interrelationships among various components of large-scale activities/projects.
- Allocates time and resources as required when faced with multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Applies diplomacy and tact, demonstrating respect for differing perspectives.
- Shares information with colleagues and partners about industry trends and business opportunities.
- Actively listens, interprets and presents messages in different ways to enhance understanding.
- Appropriately adapts the message, style, and tone of communication to accommodate a variety of audiences.
- Reviews presentations to ensure effective use of tools and techniques and provides recommendations.
- Devises action plans for adapting to change.