Senior Full Stack Developer (Python) (Remote)
IT – Software Development
- Work on Front-end or Back-end Development but need to understand server/client communication. We will expect that you can keep yourself abreast of the latest trends in our preferred software stack and have a keen willingness to continuously learn.
- You will be on several projects at the same time, but each of these will be built on variations of the same stack.
- You will be involved with Open-Source Software Development methodology because we believe in Open-Source collaboration and philosophy.
- Python – NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- HTML5 and CSS3.
- Linux-based OS environment.
- RDBMS Back-end.
- Git Version Control.
- UI/UX Design.
- Strong Spatial or Statistical or Scientific Computing or Data Science skills.
- Highly computer literate and versatile with Scripting/Programming experience. Preferably with some Computer Science or Electronic Engineering background.
- Demonstrable coding experience!
- Vertical market domain expertise, for example:
- DRR (disaster risk reduction) and related.
- Local government.
- Horizontal domain expertise:
- Design and Cartography.
- Spatial database design and administration.
- Image-processing / Remote Sensing.
- GIS system and workflow implementation and management.
The ability to hit the ground running with QGIS, PostGIS, GeoServer, GDAL/OGR and other FOSS GIS tools will count in your favour.
- A fast and reliable internet connection.
- A noise-free environment for online meetings.
- Flask, Django.
- PostgreSQL RDBMS with PostGIS.
- Geographic Information Systems.
- QGIS and other geospatial software (C++, Qt, C, Java).
- Mobile (iOS, Android, cross-platform).
- REST architecture style.
- A good command of English, both written and spoken.
- Positive “can-do” attitude.
- Self-organised and efficient.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Finger on the pulse of the latest trends online.
- Working with multiple projects and teams.
- Communication with clients, team members and management.