Senior Full Stack Developer (Python/Java) (JHB)
IT – Software Development
Johannesburg – Gauteng
- Develop quality software and web applications.
- Contribute towards overall architecture of the projects/ change requests.
- Document the architecture diagrams and present it in the Enterprise Architecture Forum.
- Review peer and Junior Developers code and provide guidance to establish best practices and coding standards for development.
- Analyse and maintain existing software applications.
- Design highly scalable, testable code.
- Discover and fix programming bugs.
- Provide influence over a new technical design for design for highly visible software product.
- Assist in Quality Assurance process such as writing unit tests and participating in code reviews, Test Driven Development approach.
- Develop scalable and reusable micro-services for the application.
- Implement Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using tools like Jenkins/Docker/Kubernetes etc. and contribution towards DevOps.
- Develop SQL queries for the application that targets high performance, also perform load testing and optimize performance of the current queries.
- Migrate current projects onto AWS Cloud environment.
- Work in a client-facing application development environment with minimal supervision on implementation tasks.
- Increase product value by writing high quality, maintainable code following industry coding standards.
- Identify additional tasks and mentoring other developers in completing tasks.
- Promote teamwork in the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience Full Stack Developer experience.
- Development experience with programming languages like Java and Python.
- Hands-on experience on AWS technical stack i.e EC2, S3, CodeCommit/ CodeDeploy, Cognito.
- SQL/ No – SQL database or relational database skills.
- Well versed in Version Control systems.
- Creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app.
- Delivering a complete front-end application.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Extensive experience in at least one of the primary UI Frameworks (Angular, React, Vue).
- Proficiency in current user interface design patterns.
- Solid Software Development background in data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Good experience in producing reliable, version-able, RESTful APIs.
- Web security standards aware (OWASP).
- Web portal implementation experience (Single Sign On, etc.).
- REST API Integration.
- Plan and work jointly with a UX Designer.
- Working in teams following Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Self-directed and delivery focused.