Senior Full Stack Developer (eCommerce)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
THE coding expertise of a Senior Full Stack Developer is sought by a fast-growing & innovative Payment Solutions Platform passionate about enabling African entrepreneurs to develop and succeed in digital commerce. Working with the Commerce team, you will help build tools to aid eCommerce customers process payments online. You will also create quality code through peer reviews, maintain internal & external documentation while identifying and addressing technical debt. The successful candidate will have 6 years’ work experience in a similar role including programming in TypeScript/Node.js, React and serverless technologies. You must also have experience with relational and document database technologies, cloud technologies like AWS & solid knowledge of best practices and what makes valuable codebases.
- Work alongside the team and be a part of the full software development life cycle.
- Build features for the 4 user groups, Merchants, Customers, Developers and Internal operation teams.
- Work on business projects, internal tech projects, changes to various systems and navigating unplanned work.
- Work alongside the team to create quality code through peer reviews, maintaining internal and external documentation and identifying and addressing technical debt.
- Help the team build up healthy development habits like TDD, Refactoring, Agile Methodologies, finding the right tool/technology for the job.
- At least 6 years’ experience coding professionally.
- Full Stack experience, programming in TypeScript/Node.js, React and serverless technologies.
- Experience with relational and document database technologies.
- Experience with cloud technologies, especially AWS would be beneficial.
- Strong experience with best practices and a sound understanding of what makes valuable codebases.
- The ability to work collaboratively in an ever-changing remote friendly environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid work authorisation to work in South Africa.
Nice to haves –
Experience programming in Python.