Senior Full Stack Developer (CPT Remote) Java
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Remote
A company, based in Cape Town, who has developed a comprehensive range of travel services, is looking for a talented Full Stack Developer who will be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including design, development, deployment, and maintenance of new and existing platforms. You will closely collaborate with a team of software development gurus to ensure system consistency and to create a great user experience. The successful individual will have 5-8 years’ working experience as a Software Engineering, and a BSc Computer Science Information Technology or relevant qualification.
- Experience with older frameworks likewould be beneficial.
- Creating server-side logic using Java frameworks like Spring or Hibernate.
- Developing RESTful APIs and integrating them with the front-end.
- Building and maintaining back-end databases, using Postgres SQL and MongoDb.
- Web server experience like Apache.
- Writing unit tests and performing code reviews to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues that arise in production.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including designers, product owners, and other developers.
- Staying up to date with emerging trends and technologies in Java development.
- BSc Computer Science Information Technology or relevant qualification.
- Relevant IT certifications advantageous.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 5-8 years’ working experience as a Software Engineering.
- Must be detailed oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- MS Office Package (Emails, Word, Excel).
Be able to come up to speed on new applications and technology in a very short amount of time.
- High degree of self-motivation and drive.
- Must be able to plan and execute work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize and a manage several tasks at once.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Own and live up to the Company values.
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional language is an advantage.
- Possess effective organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work on deadline.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service.