Senior Front End Developer (Retail IT)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
THE coding expertise of a forward-thinking Senior Front End Developer is sought by a renowned Investment Firm to help solve some of its toughest challenges in retail investing. Start-up or innovation project experience would be useful as they iterate on a prototype PWA and then look to build out the native version of the app. You will help contribute the product direction, architecture & delivery process, analyse and design new features while writing elegant, robust and secure code. The ideal candidate will require a Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems or related technical discipline and must have knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in Object-Oriented design, data structures and algorithms. You must have 8+ years’ experience in a similar role and tech tools including React, Next.js, TypeScript, Tailwind, React Native, Express, Node, Babel, RESTful API’s, Microservice Architecture, etc.
- Contribute to the product direction, architecture, and delivery process.
- Analyse and design new features.
- Write elegant, robust and secure code.
- Improve and optimize the performance and functionality of existing code.
- Write Unit, Integration and Acceptance Tests for all components.
- Write build automation scripts.
- Troubleshoot, identify root-cause and fix bugs/errors.
- Deliver features and fixes timeously.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science/Stems or related technical discipline.
- 8+ Years’ experience building products using the technologies listed below – implemented and run successfully. Ideally, with solid experience working in start-up environments or innovation projects.
- Since we are a multi-technology environment, knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in Object-Oriented design, data structures and algorithms are a necessity.
- React / Hooks, Context
- Service workers
- Responsive Design
- React Native
- Native IOS (Obj C) and Android (Java) modules
Active Development Practices:
- RESTful API’s
- Microservice Architecture
- Unit and Integration Testing
- Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Continuous Integration (CI)