Senior Front End Developer (Remote)
IT – Software Development
- Mentor Junior Engineers.
- Understand the code base and architecture.
- Lead/Participate in problem solving with the Engineering team.
- Review and refine business requirements, system requirements & functional specifications for clients.
- Assist in developing test case procedures and maintaining test documentation, test plans and test schedules.
- Gathering and analysis, basic coding and data mapping.
- Ongoing problem analysis.
- Conduct research to ensure best practices are applied.
- Issue management; logging, follow-up, resolution, ad hoc duties and analysis.
- System support exposure: Maintain an incident management process; analysing the nature of incidents.
- Use Agile methodology where the incremental builds are delivered to the customer in every two to three weeks’ time.
- Take accountability at client/product level for deliverables.
- You will report to the CTO and work closely with the Software Development team.
- BSc. Computer Science | BSc. (Engineering) | MSc. | PhD.
- We use AngularJS and any angular experience will be beneficial.
- Deep understanding of API Patterns (RESTful/Hypermedia), the main algorithms and engineering design patterns (OOP, MVC, MVW, DDD, OOD/OOA).
- Thorough understanding of the GIT workflow processes, Git Management, ability to handle GitLab, GitHub and work with branches.
- A solid understanding of HTML5, CSS3, CSS pre-processors (especially SASS Framework),
- Responsive Design, Cross-browser issues, browser compatibility issues and Bootstrap frameworks is required.
- A good understanding of Linux server management and server management in AWS will be a significant advantage.
- Practical experience of AWS services including EC2, S3, Route53 and CloudFront would be beneficial
- Overall understanding of the LAMP stack, Docker, Vagrant and related technology is beneficial.
- Experience with HTML5 APIs such as Canvas, Media, Storage, Service Workers etc. WebGL is an advantage.
- A solid understanding of the full stack, including back-end component and API development in Python is a major advantage.
- Enjoy discerning between important and urgent deliverables.
- Enjoy accountability and can manage realistic delivery expectations.
- Good at implementing robust solutions that meet the functional requirements but can be disciplined about not getting scope creep or get obsessed about perfection. You enjoy progress more than perfection.