Senior Front End Developer (PTA)
IT – Software Development
Pretoria/Centurion – Gauteng
Analysis and Planning –
- Multitask on a range of products and tasks simultaneously, defining priorities and ensuring efficiency.
- Define and communicate problem, goal and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate and collaborate with Development, Business Analyst and Design teams to solve problems, make recommendations and discuss best programming practices.
- Work with stakeholders to achieve appropriate solutions.
- Conduct research on possible solutions and techniques.
- Analyse systems for root cause, impact, workarounds and permanent fixes.
- Determine and account for dependencies among deliverables, products and systems.
- Accurately estimate duration of deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate risks.
- Document analysis and planning process.
- Communicate effectively with line manager on progress, priorities and workload.
- Follow project plan to develop software.
- Meet deadlines and timelines as determined in the planning phase
- Adhere to agreed upon standards for code, as set and determined by the Lead Systems Engineer.
- Generate and maintain effective and efficient high-quality code.
- Use effective and efficient components & techniques to implement solutions.
- Ensure all work is versioned and backed up according to company standards.
- Take ownership for work, tasks and communication.
Testing and Implementation –
- Ensure that all work is tested, benchmarked and fulfils functional requirements before submission.
- Prepare test environment, examples and instructions.
- Participate enthusiastically in peer code reviews.
- Deploy changes to live environment.
- Maintain system and product change logs and release notes according to company standards.
Reporting and Communication –
- Keep project documentation up to date and standard.
- Provide timeous, efficient and effective feedback on project status.
- Proactively keep stakeholders updated on progress, risks and problems.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Provide insight and feedback on queries regarding relevant projects.
- BSc. Degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline.
- 3+ Years relevant working experience.
- Have an excellent sense of design sense and attention to detail.
- Use sound engineering practices to build a solid product while iterating quickly.
- RESTful API’s (JSON)
- Experience in at least one of the following: