Senior Front-End Developer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Containerisation of applications and services using Docker, as well as implementing continuous delivery pipelines (development, staging, production) for routine and stable releases of all respective services.
- Co-design and implementation of systems architecture to support client-executed software where applicable. For example, facilitating persisting configuration/other client-created data in a database and APIs to support sensible models for client-server data exchanges. These tasks will be done through effective communication with fellow developers and product stakeholders.
- Mentor and upskill Junior and Mid-level staff.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Science or Technology, OR Bachelor’s Degree in Science with relevant experience in Software Development and Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of documented experience in Software Development and Engineering practices (system design, quality control and revision/version control).
- Experience working with relational databases using SQL.
- Working with JSON data and JSON APIs.
- In the use of version control software.
- Working with and visualising geospatial data.
- Python and/or R Programming experience.
- Familiarity with the Linux command line and performing administrative tasks on Linux servers.
- Exposure to Data Science and Statistical Analysis.
- Any experience in mobile app development.