Senior Food and Beverage Manager (Franschhoek)
Cape Town – Western Cape
YOUR delegation wizardry coupled with your forward-thinking ability to create unique experiences for guests is sought by our client, nestled in the picturesque Franschhoek wine valley, looking to fill the role of a Senior Food and Beverage Manager. Your core role will entail managing one of its Restaurant menus offering, pop-up shop and workshops, designing and creating menus, purchasing goods while leading the F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented staff. The successful incumbent will possess a Chef Degree/Diploma, have proven experience in a similar role including being able to manage staff, meet financial targets and deliver an exceptional guest experience. You need to be proficient with MS Office, restaurant management software, POS Micros/Sage/PO systems and be fluent in both Afrikaans and English.
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards.
- Manage the pop-up shop, Spice Garden, Healing Garden, workshops.
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service.
- Design and create menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements in line with farm and garden harvesting schedules and to suit the venue’s look and feel.
- Identify customer needs and respond proactively to all concerns.
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented staff.
- Establish targets, KPIs, schedules, policies and procedures.
- Relevent Degree/Diploma.
- Proven Food and Beverage Management experience.
- Up to date with food and beverage trends and best practices.
- Ability to think out of the box and create a unique experience for guests.
- Ability to manage staff and meet financial targets.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS Micros/Sage/PO systems).
- Flexibility with regard to working hours.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Guest-orientated and service-minded.